5.16.2009

Ain't no mountain high enough



We were very blessed this past week to have an unexpected family day.  Wednesday Honey D took the day off and we decided to take a road trip with the kids.  I did a little research and we headed out for the Wichita Mountains, but not before heading to Meers for a yummy Longhorn Burger.  
Growing up I always wished I lived in a more exciting place, but as I get older my feelings about Oklahoma are changing.  I love it here.  We have 4 distinct seasons that each offer their own beauty and change, it is a place I feel safe raising my family and after having made a few trips to NYC over the past 2 years I can appreciate OKC even more.  What a wonderful thing to be able to open you front OR back door and go outside onto green grass and lovely trees in your own private yard.  I never understood the fuss over Central Park until I visited New York.  (they have no yards so they have to go to the "central" park)  
If you are reading this and you live in OKC just know you are blessed.  We have so many great places to explore here too(the Oklahoma Tourism Council should hire me- aye).
It was a bit scary at the top looking down, but breath taking.
The kids had fun climbing, but man was it windy!
Honey T had the most fun playing in what ever bit of water he could find
This prairie land is a bit of the remaining untouched original.
(notice the little birdie sitting on the rock co-habitating with the massive buffalo)
Beautiful water fall at Medicine Park
Lots to explore
Sittin' on the dock of the bay - or something like that
We didn't bring our swim suits but we made the most of it
I didn't even bring an extra change of clothes for the kids, so they rode home in their undies!
What a fun day we had.  We plan to travel Oklahoma every few months and thanks to my blog you can experience each adventure with us.

4 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had a great time. you got some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that's only an hour away from us! I've got to take Ky! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and the pictures are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures Heather! Anytime I can see pictures of my babies, it makes my day! Just think, Dean's Great Great Grandpa help build the winding road that leads to the top of Mt. Scott. Dean's Paw-Paw would tell me stories on how the men had to blast the mountain to build the road and all of the rattle snake dens they would encounter. I don't think I would like that part. Beautiful pictures - Love you guys! Mom, Debbie and Ma-Maw

    ReplyDelete