4.16.2009

4H Farm

Brooklyn is giving her dirt baby personality
We so enjoyed spending the day with Honey D
Giddy-Up!
It looks so sweet and innocent-mmhmm
The surroundings were very pretty and peaceful
Farmer Tom and the kids
More pictures to follow as the dirt babies come to life (well the grass will anyway)

I signed the kids up for a field trip with our Homeschool group to go to the 4H Farm in Yukon, which took place today- Thursday.  I was actually looking forward to it after I got passed my manic "how are we going to make up our school" moment.  Do you homeschool moms ever have those moments?  This is my 3rd year to homeschool and I'm still working out the kinks and a anxieties- I have a feeling those aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  I just don't like to get off course, but sometimes we need to and today we did.  Dean- Honey D as I will affectionately call him in my posts - has been working ALOT lately and oh how I am trying to be a patient and understanding wife.  As we were getting ready this morning he was asking more questions than normal about our field trip.  Then he really surprised me and said he thought he would join us.  We were actually having a family outing!
The weather is always a factor here in OK, and I am sort of a fair weather gal.  It started out a bit windy but turned out to be a beautiful day.  It was a day where you just feel the blessings of God all around you.  I love being outdoors (when it's nice).  We were among the trees and the water and other nice people (that always helps).  The big kids made a dirt baby and homemade butter and then we took a tour of the farm which included the animals.  It was very nice and enjoyable, our guide "Farmer Tom" helped to make the experience more pleasant as well. Brooklyn is already planning her 4H future (when she turns 9- get ready MaMaw and PawPaw). The Kirkpatrick Farm in Yukon hosts a variety of happenings, including a Pioneer festival I hope we can take part in come June.  They earned my seal of approval.  We ended our lovely outing with a Mexican (hard to beat) lunch where Survivor Man ate his weight in tortillas and salsa, Brooklyn in Queso and Jake drank his weight in water- their mother did all of the above and is super full.  The sleeping giant has awakened -my duty calls.

1 comment: