4.28.2009

The Bass Homes 1995-2009

This is a topic I am most excited about.  While we are still 25 days away from moving into our new-old house, we close on the 1st and have already made plans in our mind of things to be done- lots and lots of things.
I'll go back a few years and set the stage-hope you like details-if not forward to the pics and enjoy.      
Side Note: Please understand this is a hobby of sorts and something Honey D and I enjoy doing together very much.  My treasure is not my house, but some of my very precious treasures live within.  I believe your home can be a reflection of who you are and where you've been.  I have loved making each of these houses our home.  But I have yet to become attached to any of my homes and have always been able to let them go easy- I consider this a blessing.  I pray I will continue  to keep that mindset and that I will maintain a healthy balance and focus on my priorities.  Having said all of that -please keep those things in mind as this post develops and grows.  If I ever seem to be getting carried away- it may be because I am and then you can pray for me too!  Some of my favorite blogs are filled with pictures.  I find myself holding back when it comes to my own blog but here I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of the homes we have lived in and some I have received inspiration from.  
I forget when posting that everything is from the bottom up, so if you'd like to follow chronologically scroll down to the first pic and go up.

Here is a sneak peek at the new-old home- more pics are soon to come
We have taken many more photos-  inside and out of this home but for the sake of the current homeowners privacy I will not post any of those.


 God had other plans for us and His plans are way better than ours ever will be.  We are very excited to make THIS house our home! 

After having lived there 2 years we brought Honey T home and we found ourselves there a bit longer than we planned.  But after 3 1/2 years we sold that home (with the help of a friend).  Our plan was to build yet another- this one was to be possibly the final and a bit smaller than the others.  We were willing to sacrafice the space to get it paid off sooner.  So we rented a property in a new addition that we thought we would build in.  Now fast forward to the present.... 
kitchen/dining of our last house
 We built this house in a neighborhood we loved, next to neighbors we loved even more and brought Honey-Wii home there.  After 2 years we sold and built another just a few miles away and now had some experience under our belts.
So we sold the house and had a new one built in 1998.  It really met all our needs and we brought our first, Honey B home there.   Honey D was making plans though to build a house himself (contract it out) with the help of a friend and build equity.  We agreed to do this every 2 years until our house was paid or nearly paid for.  Oh we knew it would be hard work, but felt it was worth the effort and we do really enjoy that type of thing.
Honey D and I purchased our first home in 1995.  It was a charming little house built in the 1930's, but it still needed alot of TLC that we were not prepared to put into it and it was too far away from the people and places we loved. 

1 comment:

  1. Great posting, love seeing the pics of your houses, we have good memories of hanging out with you guys in two of them. So nice to hear about your new-old home. You will have to send me your address when you guys get settled.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete